Does your race have what it takes to be a Darn Tough Trail Sustainability Winner?
This year, Darn Tough Vermont® is honored to host a “Big Pitch” session as the Official Sock Partner of the 2023 US Trail Running Conference in October. Darn Tough Vermont® is a manufacturer of performance outdoor, running and lifestyle socks with an unconditional guarantee for life, and made here in the USA. As socks are essential to trail running, the company has prioritized its efforts to support this community, sponsoring recent industry events including the Broken Arrow Skyrace and The Rut Mountain Runs, among other athletic events in recent years.
As part of this year’s conference, Darn Tough Vermont® is putting the ask out to race directors and organizers far and wide to submit your race or event for a chance to be a Darn Tough Vermont® Trail Sustainability Winner. The company is looking to sponsor three new events in 2023 – races that will use this support to elevate the experience for runners, highlight the importance of sustainability at their race, and invest in their trail running community.
Here are the key areas that races entering will be assessed on for this contest:
- Policy in place or coming in next 12 months to achieve zero carbon operationally
- Policy in place or coming in next 12 months to achieve zero waste operationally
- Policy to practically reduce or offset emissions footprint for all participants
- Policy in place or coming in next 12 months to provide education on sustainability
- Any other sustainability initiatives not covered above
Here is the prize lineup for the top three finalists for the “Big Pitch” event:
- $2500 cash prize plus socks for all race participants (up to 500 pairs maximum)
- $1000 cash prize plus socks for top 3 in each race division
- 50 pairs of socks to be used by race
To enter, use the button on this page – this will take you to a submission form; complete all details, submit, and you are entered. Entries will close on September 18, 2023, and will be reviewed by the Sponsor’s judging panel. The three winning entries will be announced by September 25, 2023, and will be invited to attend a live “Big Pitch” session at the US Trail Running Conference on Friday October 20, 2023. Note that you must attend the live “Big Pitch” session in person to receive your prize. The winning order of 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for our “Big Pitch” finalists will be announced live at the end of the session. See the Darn Tough Vermont® Sustainability Winners Contest Rules at this link.