The US Trail Running Conference is excited to announce a new webinar series starting in January 2021.
Each webinar covers a specific subject that our survey has revealed are critical to help Race Directors produce viable, successful, sustainable, trail races. Each webinar will provide a toolkit document after the webinar for Race Directors that includes key deliverables that can be implemented to effect positive outcomes.
Each of the webinar series will be available as a recording after the live session – each registrant will receive a link for the recording for each of the webinars that they have registered for.
Here are the session details – note that session dates may be subject to change:
- Session 1 – The future of safe trail races during COVID – January 21, 2021 2.00 pm – 3.00 pm MST
- Tracy Hoeg – MD, PhD. Sports Medicine physician, PhD in Epidemiology. Associate Researcher at UC Davis
- Andy Pasternack – WSER medical team, MD, MPH
- Greg Lanctot – Pacific Coast Trail Runs
- Session 2 – Diversity & inclusion – February 25, 2021 11.00 am – 12.00 noon MST
- Sponsored by Salomon and the Running Industry Diversity Coalition (RIDC)
- DEI lead trainer Mirna Valerio
- Possible athletes or organizations that contribute to the dialogue on DEI
- Salomon are generously covering registration costs for this webinar – use the code SALOMON when you register (note this code will discount your cost by $10 when you select 1, 2, 3 or 4 webinar sessions only that includes session #2 for DEI).
- Session 3 – Growing your trail running community – March 25, 2021 11.00 am – 12.00 pm MST
- Steve Schneider – Rogue Trails
- Michele Hartwig – Ornery Mule Racing
- Ian Golden – Red Newt Racing & Finger Lakes Running Co
- Scott Gall – The Runners Flat
- Session 4 – Empowering a community of climate action champions – April 22, 2021 11.00 am – 12.00 pm MST
- Zoë Rom – Trail Runner Magazine Assistant Editor
- Vic Thasiah – Runners for Public Lands
- Paul Thompson – Cool Planet & Citizens Climate Lobby
- David Callahan – UltraSignup
- Terry Chiplin – US Trail Running Conference
- Session 5 – Sustainable races – current best practices and future developments – May 27, 2021 11.00 am – 12.00 pm MST
- Steven Aderholt
- Celia Santi – GU
- Session 6 – Race Courses – safety, limits, marking, clean up, permits, land partners, new initiatives – June 17, 2021 11.00 am – 12.00 pm MST
- Max King
- Tiffany Hoover – Parks & Recreation, City of Fayetteville
- Amy Rusiecki – Vermont 100
- Session 7 – COVID follow up from Session 1 – producing safe races – July 22 11.00 am to 12.00 pm MST
- Session 8 – Sponsor partnerships & Finances – August 19, 2021 11.00 am – 12.00 pm MST
- Session 9 – Marketing & advertising, social media – September 23. 2021 11.00 am – 12.00 pm MST
25% discount code available for members of or referrals from organizations and groups that correspond to underrepresented categories in the sport e.g. Black Girls Run, Latinos Run, Black Men Run, Trail Sisters, OUTRUN, United in Stride, Achilles, military or veterans – these are examples, and the discount offer is not limited to these groups.
ATRA members – all ATRA members receive a 25% discount off any webinar registration options
Please contact Event Director, Terry Chiplin, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions on these discount offers.
Note that discount offers cannot be combined.