The American Trail Running Association, ATRA, was formed in mid-1996 as a Colorado not for profit corporation to serve the trail and mountain running community. Their mission is to represent and promote trail and mountain running. They offer individual, club, race and corporate memberships. A quarterly newsletter is a primary benefit of membership, and includes a national events calendar, thoughtful articles, and timely information about the sport of Trail Running.
This prize draw is to raise funds and awareness for ATRA. In 2016 the draw totaled over 70 prizes, from pairs of trail shoes, hydration systems, annual subscriptions to magazines, headlamps, and much more. The prize draw was part of a fundraising total of $1,000 for ATRA in 2016 – a big thank you to all those that supported this effort! We encourage you to help generate additional and much needed resources to support the only non-profit that represents the sport of Trail Running!
Contributing towards this prize draw will help ATRA in their efforts to reach these goals:
- To insure that organized trail runs are conducted in a fun, safe and enjoyable manner.
- To provide a forum whereby the business of the sport can be discussed and organized.
- To create and nurture alliances with other associations.
- To be sensitive to the environment.
- To be the clearinghouse for the sport.
- To educate and provide publications and information about our sport to the rest of the running and outdoor community, to the media and to non running entities that have similar goals and objectives.
- To develop recreational participation in the sport.
- To provide opportunities for families to enjoy our sport as a group through events and clinics.
- To develop a trail-running circuit in the U. S. and a competitive athlete program.
Tickets are just $5 each, and can be purchased either with registration for the Conference, or as stand alone items. Details on the prizes will be added here as they are donated. If you would like to donate a prize or prizes, please contact Event Director, Terry Chiplin, email@example.com.